LUTHER LUCKETT CORRECTIONAL COMPLEX RESERVATION REQUESTS
A background check and security clearance are required.
TO MAKE YOUR RESERVATION REQUEST, PLEASE FILL OUT AND
SUBMIT THE SECURE FORM BELOW.
SHAKESPEARE BEHIND BARS PUBLIC PERFORMANCES
"A 25th Anniversary Retrospective"
APRIL 21-24, 2020
Limited seating is available for 2020 public performances at Luther Luckett Correctional Complex in LaGrange, KY.
SBB inmate family members and donors receive reservation priority. Performances are free, but to obtain reservation priority and to support this not-for-profit charitable organization, we invite you to make a donation today!
ACCEPTING RESERVATION REQUESTS MARCH 1-31, 2020
PLEASE READ ALL INFORMATION!
**Due to the limited number of seats and performances, and out of respect for the SBB cast and the Luther Luckett Correctional Complex, it is important that if your reservation request is accepted, you attend your designated performance.
If you are currently on an SBB inmate’s visiting list, please note the inmate’s name & # and you do not need to submit social security number, date of birth, or driver’s license number.
If you are a KY Department of Corrections employee or KY Department of Corrections state ID volunteer, you do not need to submit social security number, date of birth, or driver’s license number.
TO ALLOW TIME FOR BACKGROUND CHECKS AND SCHEDULING, CONFIRMATION EMAILS AND RESERVATION STATUS WILL NOT BE SENT UNTIL AFTER APRIL 1st.
YOUR VISIT TO LLCC
Performance Dates: April 21, 22, 23, 24 at 6:00 PM
CHECK IN/ARRIVAL TIME IS 5:00 PM FOR ALL PERFORMANCES AND NO LATER THAN 5:30 PM
For those cleared to attend, we will email you directions and instructions. Please know that all guests are required to adhere to the Department of Corrections policies, including those below.
- Shoes must be CLOSED heel and toe.
- No shorts.
- No tight or form fitting clothes - to include pants and shirts.
- No tank tops, cut-offs, see-through clothing, halter tops, leggings, spandex pants or head apparel unless of a religious nature.
- No sweatpants or track/running type of pants.
- If blue jeans are worn they cannot be tight or form fitting (jeans cannot have holes/slits in them).
- Shirts cannot be see-through or be low cut (midriff, cleavage and bosom shall be covered).
- Business casual is preferred .
- Undergarment must be worn.
- Each visitor may wear only one (1) wedding ring, one (1) necklace. (Watches or Fit Bits are no longer allowed.) A visitor with more jewelry shall be required to return the jewelry to their locked vehicle.
- Clothing cannot not have anything derogatory or obscene on them.
- You may wear khaki pants, just not ALL khaki.
- Skirts are discouraged but if worn should be below the knee.
- Bring no weapons, drugs, tobacco, or contraband onto the prison grounds. When you enter the prison grounds, your vehicle as well as your person is subject to search at any time.
- Upon driving onto the prison grounds, you will encounter the first security checkpoint. If the entry/exit security checkpoint is manned, stop and tell the officer you are at the prison to attend Shakespeare Behind Bars. When the officer waves you on, drive to the parking lot and park. Enter at the building with the green awning.
- Do not bring into the institution any of the following items: cell phone, recording devices, camera, pocketknife, or nail-clipper. It is best that you only bring your car keys and ID into the prison. If, for some reason, you have need of special medication, make sure it is in a legal prescription bottle that is clearly marked. You would need to clear this in advance of your visit.
- When you enter front doors of the prison, you will encounter the second security checkpoint. Security check involves removing your jacket (which will be scanned), emptying your pockets of all items, placing items in a tray and passing through a metal detector.
- You will need photo identification (driver’s license). The photo identification must match the name you have given on reservation request. You will surrender your photo identification for a prison badge or ID bracelet. Please wear the prison badge or bracelet where it is clearly visible at all times.
- You will be asked to extend your arms and an officer will scan you with metal detector, front and back, and pat you down.
“I’m speechless – so inspired by the entire experience. I should have introduced myself and wanted to express gratitude to the cast/crew, but I was holding back some tears from my awesome experience. What a transformational experience for all!!!”
“What a magnificent production. The intensity of the interaction and clarity of the words and script were overwhelming at times. I heard lines I do not remember ever hearing in my many experiences with the play.”